Kent County Housing Authority (Michigan)

The Kent County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Kent County, Michigan. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Kent County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Kent County low-income housing.

Grand Rapids Housing Authority Grand Rapids MI 1420 Fuller Avenue Southeast 49507 616-235-2600

The Kent County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Kent County, Michigan. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Kent County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Kent County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Kentwood MI 4809 Eastern Avenue Southeast 49508 616-532-2177

Kent County Veterans Affairs Grand Rapids MI 215 Straight Avenue Northwest 49504 616-336-3492

Michigan Veteran Services Grand Rapids MI 1940 Eastern Avenue Southeast 49507 616-243-0385

US Department Of Veterans Affairs Grand Rapids Grand Rapids MI 2050 Breton Road Southeast, 103 49546 616-285-5795

Veterans of Foreign Wars Grand Rapids MI 557 11th Street Northwest 49504 616-774-9271

Veterans of Foreign Wars Lowell MI 3124 Alden Nash Avenue Southeast 49331 616-897-8303

Kent County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Kent County, Michigan may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Kent County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Kent County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Grandville Senior Center Grandville MI 3380 Division Avenue Southwest 49418 616-531-5250