Rusk County Housing Authority (Texas)

The Rusk County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Rusk County, Texas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Rusk County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Rusk County low-income housing.

Henderson Housing Authority Henderson TX 817 West Main Street 75652 903-657-3444

Overton Housing Authority Overton TX 220 West Ward Street 75684 903-834-6213

Tatum Housing Authority Tatum TX 200 Forest Acres Cir 75691 903-947-6464

The Rusk County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Rusk County, Texas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Rusk County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Rusk County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8535 Henderson TX 1515 Whippoorwill Street 75652 903-657-8965