Cherokee County Housing Authority (Texas)

The Cherokee County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Cherokee County, Texas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Cherokee County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Cherokee County low-income housing.

Alto Housing Authority Alto TX 282 Wright Patman Drive 75925 936-858-4921

Jacksonville Housing Authority Jacksonville TX 1710 South Jackson Street, Ste C 75766 903-586-7585

The Cherokee County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Cherokee County, Texas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Cherokee County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Cherokee County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Cherokee County Clerks Office Rusk TX 135 South Main Street 75785 903-683-4012

Veterans of Foreign Wars Jacksonville TX 201 Memorial Drive 75766 903-586-1306