Johnston County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Johnston County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Johnston County, North Carolina. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Johnston County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Johnston County low-income housing.

Benson Housing Authority Benson NC 701 South Whittington Street 27504 919-894-6101

Selma Housing Authority Selma NC 711 East Lizzie Street 27576 919-965-3755

Smithfield Housing Authority Smithfield NC 801 South 5th Street 27577 919-934-9491

The Johnston County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Johnston County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Johnston County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Johnston County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled America Veterans Smithfield NC 1500 Buffalo Road 27577 919-989-7177