Wake County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Wake County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Wake County, North Carolina. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Wake County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Wake County low-income housing.

Fuquay Varina Housing Authority Fuquay-Varina NC 105 Youngwood Road 27526 919-762-5455

Raleigh Housing Authority Raleigh NC 900 Haynes Street 27604 919-831-8300

Wake County Housing Authority Wake Forest NC 100 North Allen Road 27587 919-556-1059

Wake County Housing Authority Zebulon NC 100 Shannon Drive 27597 919-269-6404

Wake County Housing Authority Garner NC 817 Delta Street 27529 919-322-0811

The Wake County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Wake County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Wake County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Wake County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Knightdale NC 1700 Hodge Road 27545 919-217-8710

Disabled American Veterans Department of North Carolina Raleigh NC 625 New Bern Avenue 27601 919-833-5567

National Veterans History Cary NC 1125 Ivy Lane 27511 919-469-5073

Veterans Affairs District Office Garner NC 315 Bellaris Court 27529 919-662-3018

Veterans Trading Company Raleigh NC 4115 Beaufain Street 27604 919-873-0500

Veterans of Foreign Wars Garner NC 1706 West Garner Road 27529 919-772-1062

Veterans of Foreign Wars Raleigh NC 917 New Bern Avenue 27601 919-828-5058

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7383 Cary NC 522 Reedy Creek Road 27513 919-467-1188

Wake County Veterans Services Raleigh NC 3000 Falstaff Road 27610 919-212-8387

Wake County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Wake County, North Carolina may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Wake County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Wake County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Wake County Senior Center Garner NC 205 East Garner Road 27529 919-779-3922