Barton County Housing Authority (Kansas)

The Barton County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Barton County, Kansas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Barton County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Barton County low-income housing.

Claflin Housing Authority Claflin KS 602 West Albro Street 67525 620-587-3435

The Barton County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Barton County, Kansas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Barton County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Barton County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Great Bend KS 1011 Kansas Avenue 67530 620-793-7169

Veterans of Foreign Wars Hoisington KS 256 South Main Street 67544 620-653-4501

Veterans of Foreign Wars Great Bend KS 504 Washington Street 67530 620-792-2754