Ellis County Housing Authority (Kansas)

The Ellis County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Ellis County, Kansas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Ellis County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Ellis County low-income housing.

Hays Housing Authority Hays KS 1709 Sunset Trail 67601 785-625-4226

The Ellis County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Ellis County, Kansas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Ellis County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Ellis County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans Affairs Commission Hays KS 207 East 7th Street 67601 785-625-8532

Veterans of Foreign Wars Victoria KS 204 West Main Street 67671 785-735-9218

Veterans of Foreign Wars Ellis KS 813 Jefferson Street 67637 785-726-4514

Veterans of Foreign Wars Hays KS 2106 Vine Street 67601 785-625-9940