Rice County Housing Authority (Kansas)

The Rice County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Rice County, Kansas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Rice County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Rice County low-income housing.

Lyons Housing Authority Lyons KS 215 South Bell Avenue, Apt 427 67554 620-257-5241

Sterling Housing Authority Sterling KS 220 North 3rd Street 67579 620-278-2640

The Rice County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Rice County, Kansas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Rice County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Rice County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Lyons KS 1012 West Main Street 67554 620-257-7967