Shelby County Housing Authority (Alabama)

The Shelby County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Shelby County, Alabama. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Shelby County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Shelby County low-income housing.

Montevallo Housing Authority Montevallo AL 1204 Island Street 35115 205-665-7250

Shelby County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Shelby County, Alabama may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Shelby County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Shelby County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Alabaster Senior Center Alabaster AL 808 15th Avenue Southwest 35007 205-663-1307

Shelby County Senior Center Calera AL 15863 Alabama 25 35040 205-670-9988

The Shelby County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Shelby County, Alabama. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Shelby County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Shelby County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Shelby County Veteran Affairs Columbiana AL 54 Kelly Ln 35051 205-669-3835