Blount County Housing Authority (Alabama)

The Blount County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Blount County, Alabama. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Blount County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Blount County low-income housing.

Oneonta Housing Authority Oneonta AL 606 Fairground Avenue 35121 205-625-0567

The Blount County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Blount County, Alabama. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Blount County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Blount County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Blount County Veterans Service Office Oneonta AL 1004 2nd Avenue East, 13 35121 205-274-2287

Blount County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Blount County, Alabama may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Blount County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Blount County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Blountsville Senior Center Blountsville AL 171 Water Street 35031 205-429-2033