St. Clair County Housing Authority (Alabama)

The St. Clair County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in St. Clair County, Alabama. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. St. Clair County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about St. Clair County low-income housing.

Pell City Housing Authority Pell AL 110 32nd St N 35125 205-338-7012

Ragland Housing Authority Ragland AL 406 8th St 35131 205-472-2522

The St. Clair County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in St. Clair County, Alabama. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local St. Clair County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for St. Clair County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs Pell AL 1815 Cogswell Avenue, 132 35125 205-338-7315

St. Clair County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in St. Clair County, Alabama may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for St. Clair County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. St. Clair County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Pell City Senior Center Pell AL 801 Comer Avenue 35125 205-338-6589