Yakima County Housing Authority (Washington)

The Yakima County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Yakima County, Washington. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Yakima County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Yakima County low-income housing.

Granger Housing Authority Granger WA 416 East 5th Street 98932 509-854-1009

Sunnyside Housing Authority Sunnyside WA 1500 Federal Way 98944 509-515-0067

Wapato Housing Authority Wapato WA 611 South Camas Avenue 98951 509-877-6171

Yakima Housing Authority Yakima WA 810 North 6th Avenue 98902 509-453-3106

Yakima County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Yakima County, Washington may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Yakima County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Yakima County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

City Of Grandview Senior Center Grandview WA 812 Wallace Way 98930 509-882-9230

The Yakima County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Yakima County, Washington. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Yakima County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Yakima County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Yakima WA 911 North 15th Avenue 98902 509-575-4748

US Department of Veterans Affairs-Yakima Vet Center Yakima WA 2119 West Lincoln Avenue 98902 509-457-2736

Veterans of Foreign Wars Sunnyside WA 615 North Avenue 98944 509-837-3482

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post Yakima WA 118 South 5th Avenue 98902 509-654-7191