Washington County Housing Authority (Vermont)

The Washington County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Washington County, Vermont. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Washington County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Washington County low-income housing.

Barre Housing Authority Barre VT 16 South Main Street 05641 802-622-0531

Montpelier Housing Authority Montpelier VT 155 Main Street, Ste A 05602 802-229-9232

The Washington County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Washington County, Vermont. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Washington County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Washington County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Vermont Office of Veterans Affairs Montpelier VT 118 State Street 05602 802-828-3379

Veterans Place Northfield VT 220 Vine Street 05663 802-485-8874

Veterans of Foreign Wars Barre VT 500 East Barre Road 05641 802-479-9073

Veterans of Foreign Wars Montpelier VT 1 Pioneer Center 05602 802-229-9028

Veterans of Foreign Wars Montpelier VT 126 State Street 05602 802-223-5368