Chittenden County Housing Authority (Vermont)

The Chittenden County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Chittenden County, Vermont. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Chittenden County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Chittenden County low-income housing.

Burlington Housing Authority Burlington VT 669 Riverside Avenue 05401 802-658-1750

Winooski Housing Authority Winooski VT 83 Barlow Street, Ste 1 05404 802-655-2360

The Chittenden County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Chittenden County, Vermont. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Chittenden County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Chittenden County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans of Foreign War 6689 Essex VT 73 Pearl Street 05452 802-878-0700

Veterans of Foreign Wars Burlington VT 176 South Winooski Avenue 05401 802-864-6532