Washington County Housing Authority (Tennessee)

The Washington County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Washington County, Tennessee. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Washington County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Washington County low-income housing.

Johnson City Housing Authority Johnson TN 500 Washington Avenue 37604 423-926-3339

Washington County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Washington County, Tennessee may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Washington County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Washington County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Johnson City Senior Center Johnson TN 607 East Myrtle Avenue 37601 423-434-6238

The Washington County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Washington County, Tennessee. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Washington County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Washington County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

US Department Of Veteran Affairs-Johnson City Vet Center Johnson TN 2203 McKinley Road, 254 37604 423-928-8387

Veterans of Foreign Wars Telford TN 2463 U.s. 11e 37690 423-753-4761

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2108 Johnson TN 2518 Jim Funkhouser Road 37604 423-928-4733