Jackson County Housing Authority (Mississippi)

The Jackson County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Jackson County, Mississippi. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Jackson County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Jackson County low-income housing.

Moss Point Housing Authority Moss Point MS 4901 Tanner Street 39563 228-475-8211

Pascagoula Housing Authority Pascagoula MS 2113 Alex Avenue 39567 228-762-6181

The Jackson County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Jackson County, Mississippi. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Jackson County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Jackson County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Gautier MS 3801 Old Spanish Trail 39553 228-497-7333

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3373 Pascagoula MS 4724 Vega Street 39581 228-769-8387

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3373 Moss Point MS 6712 Shortcut Road 39563 228-474-6719