Forrest County Housing Authority (Mississippi)

The Forrest County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Forrest County, Mississippi. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Forrest County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Forrest County low-income housing.

Hattiesburg Housing Authority Hattiesburg MS 805 Charles Street 39401 601-582-9955

Mississippi State Regional Housing Hattiesburg MS 4692 U.s. 49 39401 601-582-7664

The Forrest County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Forrest County, Mississippi. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Forrest County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Forrest County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Forest County Veterans Administration Hattiesburg MS 1200 Corinne Street 39401 601-583-0564

Veterans of Foreign Wars Hattiesburg MS 210 Ronie Street 39401 601-582-9314

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5397 Hattiesburg MS 108 Market Street 39401 601-582-4103