Mobile County Housing Authority (Alabama)

The Mobile County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Mobile County, Alabama. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Mobile County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Mobile County low-income housing.

Irvington Housing Authority Irvington AL 12131 Safe Harbor Circle East 36544 251-824-1814

Mobile County Housing Authority Citronelle AL 16545 U.s. 45 36522 251-866-9696

Prichard Housing Authority Mobile AL 2812 McAboy St 36612 251-457-6096

The Mobile County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Mobile County, Alabama. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Mobile County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Mobile County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Alabama Veterans Administration - Mobile County Veterans Service Office Mobile AL 1150 Government Street, 107 36604 251-574-8578

US Department Of Veterans Affairs - Mobile Outpatient Clinic Mobile AL 1504 Spring Hill Avenue 36604 251-219-3900

US Veterans Affairs Department Mobile AL 3221 SpringHill Avenue, c 36607 251-478-5906

Veterans Disabled American Mobile AL 1301 Azalea Road 36693 251-478-5080

Veterans of Foreign Wars Bayou La Batre AL 14050 Railroad Street 36509 251-824-4192

Veterans of Foreign Wars Theodore AL 3354 Hamilton Boulevard 36582 251-443-8265

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 49 Mobile AL 2528 Government Boulevard 36606 251-471-9438

Veterans of Foreign Wars post 7320 Saraland AL 244 Old Telegraph Road 36571 251-679-1188

Mobile County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Mobile County, Alabama may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Mobile County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Mobile County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Chickasaw Senior Center Chickasaw AL 400 Grand Boulevard 36611 251-452-6464