Baldwin County Housing Authority

Search for Baldwin County AL housing authority information. A housing authority search provides information on applying for low income housing, veteran housing benefits, senior low-income housing, low-income housing requirements, local low-income housing, homeless veteran housing, income-controlled rent, low-income apartments, low-income homes, and low-income rental housing.

A Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about low-income housing.

Bay Minette Housing Authority Bay Minette AL 400 South Street 36507 251-937-2211

Foley Housing Authority Foley AL 302 4th Avenue 36535 251-943-5370

The Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Baldwin County Veterans Affairs Foley AL 201 East Section Avenue 36535 251-937-0218

Veterans Affairs Department Bay Minette AL 300 Faulkner Drive 36507 251-937-8049

Veterans Club Bay Minette AL 210 Newport Parkway 36507 251-937-9472

Veterans of Foreign Wars Fairhope AL 950 Nichols Avenue Extension 36532 251-928-8259

Veterans of Foreign Wars Elberta AL 24230 US Highway 98 36530 251-986-8201

Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

G P Thames Senior Center Robertsdale AL 22651 East Chicago Street 36567 251-947-8973

James P Nix Senior Center Fairhope AL Bayou Drive 36532 251-928-2835