Sumner County Housing Authority (Kansas)

The Sumner County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Sumner County, Kansas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Sumner County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Sumner County low-income housing.

Argonia Housing Authority Argonia KS 110 West Cherry Street, Ste 111 67004 620-435-6806

Wellington Housing Authority Wellington KS 400 South C Street 67152 620-326-5821

The Sumner County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Sumner County, Kansas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Sumner County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Sumner County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Wellington KS 424 East Harvey Avenue 67152 620-326-5071