Johnson County Housing Authority (Kansas)

The Johnson County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Johnson County, Kansas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Johnson County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Johnson County low-income housing.

Johnson County Housing Authority Lenexa KS 12425 West 87th Street Parkway, # 200 66215 913-715-6650

The Johnson County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Johnson County, Kansas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Johnson County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Johnson County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Cold War Veterans Association Lenexa KS 13009 West 102nd Street 66215 913-492-0070

Disabled American Veterans Lenexa KS 9025 Pflumm Road 66215 913-599-5920

US Department of Veterans Affairs - Johnson County VA Clinic Overland Park KS 10500 Mastin Street 66212 816-922-2750

Valued Veterans Lenexa KS 10649 Lackman Road 66219 913-951-2620

Veterans Commission of Kansas Overland Park KS 10107 West 105th Street 66212 913-371-5968

Veterans of Foreign Wars Overland Park KS 8804 Grant Avenue 66212 913-648-4991

Veterans of Foreign Wars De Soto KS 33725 West 84th Street 66018 913-585-1100

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7397 Lenexa KS 9550 Pflumm Road 66215 913-492-2244

Johnson County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Johnson County, Kansas may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Johnson County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Johnson County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Lenexa Senior Center Lenexa KS 13425 Walnut Street 66215 913-541-0135