Floyd County Housing Authority (Iowa)

The Floyd County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Floyd County, Iowa. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Floyd County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Floyd County low-income housing.

Charles City Housing Authority Charles IA 501 Cedar Street 50616 641-228-6661

The Floyd County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Floyd County, Iowa. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Floyd County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Floyd County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Floyd County Veterans Affairs Charles IA 101 South Main Street, 109 50616 641-228-1850

Veterans of Foreign Wars Charles IA 1505 North Grand Avenue 50616 641-228-4335