Walker County Housing Authority (Alabama)

The Walker County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Walker County, Alabama. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Walker County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Walker County low-income housing.

Carbon Hill Housing Authority Carbon Hill AL 316 Northeast 6th Street 35549 205-924-4171

Cordova Housing Authority Cordova AL 205 Stewart Street 35550 205-483-7454

Dora County Housing Authority Dora AL 2084 Horsecreek Boulevard 35062 205-648-5963

Jasper Housing Authority Jasper AL 1005 Alabama 69 35501 205-384-4864

Parrish Housing Authority Parrish AL 25 Bank Street 35580 205-686-7621

Sumiton Housing Authority Sumiton AL 45 Oak Circle 35148 205-648-6910

The Walker County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Walker County, Alabama. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Walker County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Walker County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs - Walker County Jasper AL 1803 3rd Avenue, 106 35501 205-384-7277

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4850 Jasper AL 3401 Veterans Drive 35501 205-387-8940

Walker County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Walker County, Alabama may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Walker County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Walker County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Cordova Senior Center Cordova AL 3885 Mass Avenue North, 103 35550 205-483-9266