Brown County Housing Authority (Texas)

The Brown County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Brown County, Texas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Brown County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Brown County low-income housing.

Bangs Housing Authority Bangs TX 406 West Spencer Street 76823 325-752-6522

Brownwood Housing Authority Brownwood TX 1500 Terrace Drive 76801 325-646-0790

The Brown County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Brown County, Texas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Brown County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Brown County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Brown County Veterans Service Office Brownwood TX 2600 Memorial Park Drive 76801 325-646-0335

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3278 Brownwood TX 2300 Stephen F Austin Drive 76801 325-646-8113