Rockingham County Housing Authority (New Hampshire)

The Rockingham County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Rockingham County, New Hampshire. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Rockingham County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Rockingham County low-income housing.

Exeter Housing Authority Exeter NH 277 Water Street, Ste 1 03833 603-778-8110

Newmarket Housing Authority Newmarket NH 34 Gordon Avenue 03857 603-659-5444

Portsmouth Housing Authority Portsmouth NH 100 Lafayette Road 03801 603-436-3603

Salem Housing Authority Salem NH 70 Telfer Circle 03079 603-893-6417

The Rockingham County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Rockingham County, New Hampshire. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Rockingham County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Rockingham County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Kingston Veterans Club Kingston NH 36 Church Street 03848 603-642-3419

US Department of Veterans Affairs Auburn Auburn NH 15 Dartmouth Drive, 202 03032 603-623-4204

Veterans of Foreign Wars Portsmouth NH 238 Deer Street 03801 603-436-9724

Veterans of Foreign Wars Derry NH 18 Railroad Avenue 03038 603-432-3975

Veterans of Foreign Wars Salem NH 42 North Broadway 03079 603-898-7924

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4479 Raymond NH 39 Main Street 03077 603-895-3661

Rockingham County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Rockingham County, New Hampshire may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Rockingham County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Rockingham County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Portsmouth Senior Center Portsmouth NH 127 Parrott Avenue, 2 03801 603-431-8677

Salem Senior Center Salem NH 287 Lawrence Road 03079 603-890-2190