Craven County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Craven County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Craven County, North Carolina. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Craven County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Craven County low-income housing.

North Carolina State Housing Authority Havelock NC 801 Manteo Circle, # A 28532 252-447-3412

The Craven County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Craven County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Craven County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Craven County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Havelock NC 468 U.s. 70 28532 252-652-9166

Veterans of Foreign Wars Havelock NC 120 Lynnwayne Circle 28532 252-447-8555

Veterans of Foreign Wars New Bern NC Butler Road 28560 252-637-9222

Craven County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Craven County, North Carolina may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Craven County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Craven County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Havelock Senior Center Havelock NC 103 Trader Avenue 28532 252-444-6423