Lyon County Housing Authority (Kansas)

The Lyon County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Lyon County, Kansas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Lyon County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Lyon County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Kansas Veterans Affairs Commission Emporia KS 702 Commercial Street, 1d 66801 620-342-3347

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1980 Emporia KS 932 Graphic Arts Road 66801 620-342-9864

Lyon County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Lyon County, Kansas may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Lyon County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Lyon County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Neosho Rapids Senior Center Neosho Rapids KS 238 North Main Street 66864 620-342-8232