Portage County Housing Authority (Wisconsin)

The Portage County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Portage County, Wisconsin. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Portage County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Portage County low-income housing.

Portage County Housing Authority Stevens Point WI 1100 Center Point Drive, Ste 201B 54481 715-346-1392

Portage County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Portage County, Wisconsin may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Portage County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Portage County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Lincoln Senior Center Stevens Point WI 1519 Water Street 54481 715-346-1401

The Portage County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Portage County, Wisconsin. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Portage County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Portage County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Portage County Veterans Office Stevens Point WI 1516 Church Street 54481 715-346-1310

Portage County Veterans Office Stevens Point WI 1462 Strongs Avenue 54481 715-346-1373

Veterans of Foreign Wars Plover WI 2970 Hickory Drive 54467 715-341-8414