Tompkins County Housing Authority (New York)

The Tompkins County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Tompkins County, New York. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Tompkins County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Tompkins County low-income housing.

Groton Housing Authority Groton NY 200 West South Street 13073 607-898-5887

Tompkins County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Tompkins County, New York may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Tompkins County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Tompkins County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Dryden Senior Center Dryden NY 4 Neptune Drive 13053 607-844-8000

The Tompkins County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Tompkins County, New York. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Tompkins County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Tompkins County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Guidance Veterans Memorial Home Dryden NY 2272 Dryden Road 13053 607-844-9900

Veterans of Foreign Wars Ithaca NY 423 West State Street 14850 607-273-5222