Union County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Union County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Union County, North Carolina. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Union County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Union County low-income housing.

Monroe Housing Authority Monroe NC 504 Hough Street 28112 704-289-2514

The Union County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Union County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Union County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Union County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Monroe NC 712 V F West Road 28110 704-283-4842

Veterans of Foreign Wars Indian Trail NC 100 VFW Lane 28079 704-821-9753

Vietnam Veterans of Carolinas Matthews NC 5516 Weddington Matthews Road 28104 704-846-1987