Rutherford County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Rutherford County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Rutherford County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Rutherford County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Rutherford County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Spindale NC 890 Withrow Road 28160 828-288-1595

Rutherford County Veterans Office Spindale NC 394 Fairground Road 28160 828-287-6090

Rutherford County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Rutherford County, North Carolina may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Rutherford County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Rutherford County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Rutherford County Senior Center Rutherfordton NC Cove Road 28139 828-287-0960