Polk County Housing Authority (Minnesota)

The Polk County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Polk County, Minnesota. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Polk County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Polk County low-income housing.

East Grand Forks Housing Authority East Grand Forks MN 600 Demers Avenue 56721 218-773-2371

Mentor Housing Authority Mentor MN 205 Garfield Avenue 56736 218-637-2431

The Polk County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Polk County, Minnesota. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Polk County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Polk County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Crookston MN 412 Johnson Place 56716 218-281-2786

Veterans of Foreign Wars Lengby MN 109 North Main Avenue 56651 218-668-2263

Veterans of Foreign Wars East Grand Forks MN 312 Demers Avenue 56721 218-773-2481

Veterans of Foreign Wars post 1902 Crookston MN 121 North Main Street 56716 218-281-1902