Porter County Housing Authority (Indiana)

Porter County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Porter County, Indiana may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Porter County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Porter County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Portage Township Senior Center Portage IN 5800 Lexington Avenue 46368 219-762-1522

The Porter County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Porter County, Indiana. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Porter County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Porter County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Porter County Veteran Service Office Valparaiso IN 155 Indiana Avenue 46383 219-465-3587

Veterans of Foreign Wars Valparaiso IN 705 Roosevelt Road 46383 219-464-3668

Veterans of Foreign Wars Portage IN 2803 Monnier Street 46368 219-762-0434