Polk County Housing Authority (Texas)

The Polk County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Polk County, Texas. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Polk County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Polk County low-income housing.

Corrigan Housing Authority Corrigan TX 600 S Home St 75939 936-398-5351

The Polk County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Polk County, Texas. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Polk County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Polk County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Livingston Veterans Service Officer Livingston TX 602 East Church Street, 119 77351 936-327-6838

Veterans of Foreign Wars Corrigan TX 1000 North Home Street 75939 936-398-4157

Veterans of Foreign Wars Livingston TX 3916 U.s. 59 77351 936-327-9119