Surry County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Surry County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Surry County, North Carolina. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Surry County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Surry County low-income housing.

Mt Airy Housing Authority Mount Airy NC 302 Virginia Street 27030 336-786-8321

The Surry County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Surry County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Surry County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Surry County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Mount Airy NC 767 West Lebanon Street 27030 336-789-0328

Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1021 Mount Airy NC 601 Old Springs Road 27030 336-356-2085