Hertford County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Hertford County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Hertford County, North Carolina. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Hertford County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Hertford County low-income housing.

Ahoskie Housing Authority Ahoskie NC 200 Pierce Avenue 27910 252-332-4104

Murfreesboro Housing Authority Murfreesboro NC 600 South Drive 27855 252-398-8118

Winton Housing Authority Winton NC 101 Freeland Court 27986 252-358-3467

The Hertford County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Hertford County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Hertford County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Hertford County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Hertford County Veterans Officer Winton NC 704 North King Street 27986 252-358-7811