Haywood County Housing Authority (North Carolina)

The Haywood County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Haywood County, North Carolina. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Haywood County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Haywood County low-income housing.

Waynesville Housing Authority Waynesville NC 48 Chestnut Park Drive 28786 828-456-6377

The Haywood County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Haywood County, North Carolina. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Haywood County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Haywood County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

North Carolina Division Of Veterans Affairs District 12 Canton NC 120 North Main Street 28716 828-646-6937

Veterans of Foreign Wars Waynesville NC 216 Miller Street 28786 828-456-9346