Des Moines County Housing Authority (Iowa)

The Des Moines County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Des Moines County, Iowa. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Des Moines County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Des Moines County low-income housing.

Iowa State Housing Authority Burlington IA 218 North 3rd Street, Ste 309 52601 319-753-5109

The Des Moines County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Des Moines County, Iowa. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Des Moines County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Des Moines County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Burlington IA 215 Washington Street 52601 319-754-6049