Hillsborough County Housing Authority (Florida)

The Hillsborough County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Hillsborough County, Florida. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Hillsborough County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Hillsborough County low-income housing.

Mulberry Housing Authority Plant FL 1306 Larrick Lane 33563 863-425-1433

Tampa Housing Authority Tampa FL 1390 West Green Street 33607 813-251-5850

The Hillsborough County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Hillsborough County, Florida. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Hillsborough County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Hillsborough County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

American Legion Post 278 Brandon FL 115 East Clay Avenue 33510 813-684-3387

Amvets Post 44 Plant FL 5521 Florida 60 33567 813-756-6944

Disabled American Veterans Tampa FL 2612 North Tampa Street 33602 813-223-4059

Florida Veterans Assistance Association Inc Tampa FL 6428 Hanley Road 33634 813-249-4910

Paralyzed Veterans America Florida Gulf Coast Tampa FL 15435 North Florida Avenue 33613 813-264-1111

US Department of Veterans Affairs-James A Haley Veterans Hospital Tampa FL 13000 Bruce B Downs Boulevard 33612 813-979-6020

US Department of Veterans Affairs-James A Haley Veterans Hospital Tampa FL 14517 Bruce B Downs Boulevard 33613 813-228-2761

Veterans Network Lithia FL 5807 Wrenwater Drive 33547 813-997-9636

Veterans Support Organization Tampa FL 11426 North 53rd Street 33617 813-985-0719

Veterans of Foreign Wars Riverview FL 7504 Riverview Drive 33578 813-671-9845

Veterans of Foreign Wars Tampa FL 2010 West Morrison Avenue 33606 813-254-2011

Veterans of Foreign Wars Plant FL 3709 U.s. 92 33566 813-754-7880

Veterans of Foreign Wars Apollo Beach FL 5120 North U.S. Highway 41 33572 813-645-2935

Veterans of Foreign Wars Tampa FL 105 West Broad Street 33604 813-237-3183

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10140 Tampa FL 8414 North 40th Street 33604 813-985-6111

Hillsborough County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Hillsborough County, Florida may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Hillsborough County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Hillsborough County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

Hillsborough County Senior Center Tampa FL 601 East Kennedy Boulevard 33602 813-272-6261

Plant City Senior Center Plant FL 1205 Waller Street 33563 813-757-3824

Riverside Tampa Senior Center Tampa FL 829 West Doctor Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, 105 33603 813-272-7108

Ruskin Senior Center Ruskin FL 901 6th Street Southeast 33570 813-672-1106