Middlesex County Housing Authority (Connecticut)

The Middlesex County Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families. They typically operate at the county or local level to offer low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing options for people who meet the eligibility requirements in Middlesex County, Connecticut. Some Housing Authorities own and manage apartments and single-family homes, while others focus on rental assistance programs. Middlesex County Housing Authorities provide information on applying for low-income housing, the income eligibility requirements, and living in Housing Authority properties. They also accept and process applications and handle low-income housing complaints. The Housing Authority website provides information about Middlesex County low-income housing.

Clinton Housing Authority Clinton CT 159 Glenwood Road 06413 860-669-6383

Deep River Town Housing Authority Deep River CT 60 Main Street 06417 860-526-5119

Middletown Housing Authority Middletown CT 40 Broad Street, Ste 1 06457 860-346-8671

Portland Housing Authority Portland CT 9 Chatham Court 06480 860-342-1688

Rockfall Housing Authority Middlefield CT 1 Sugarloaf Terrace 06481 860-344-9933

Westbrook Housing Authority Westbrook CT 34 Worthington Drive 06498 860-399-3154

Middlesex County Senior Centers provide services and programs for elderly members of the community, including emergency assistance, income support programs, and protective services. Senior Centers in Middlesex County, Connecticut may also offer housing services for seniors, including low-income housing. Some Housing Authorities reserve space for seniors with income-controlled rent and on-site support services. Senior Centers provide information on applying for Middlesex County senior housing, meeting any income eligibility requirements, and accessing senior housing services. They may also help seniors complete the application process. Middlesex County Senior Centers provide information about their services online.

East Hampton Senior Center East Hampton CT 105 Main Street 06424 860-267-4426

Middlefield Senior Center Middlefield CT 405 Main Street, 5 06455 860-349-7121

Middletown Senior Center Middletown CT 150 William Street 06457 860-638-4540

Westbrook Senior Center Westbrook CT 866 Boston Post Road 06498 860-399-2029

The Middlesex County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. The VA also provides housing assistance to veterans who meet the eligibility requirements, as one of the VA programs for at-risk veterans in Middlesex County, Connecticut. Veterans can receive housing benefits through collaborations between local Middlesex County Housing Authorities and the VA, particularly for homeless veterans. The VA also leases land and buildings for veteran housing programs. Veterans can learn more about their eligibility for Middlesex County housing services through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Veterans Corner Inc Middletown CT 511 Atkins Street 06457 860-346-5100

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10153 Old Saybrook CT 315 Essex Road 06475 860-388-1155

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5095 East Hampton CT 20 North Maple Street 06424 860-267-8837